Sunday, February 19, 2017

Happy Birthday To You!

I think of you often, of course, but last night was extra special. As I headed up to bed, you were waking up to February 19th, your birthday. Thinking of your birthday brings a little sadness because I can't be with you, but it also brings excitement that you and I will get to share a birthday celebration next year with our birthdays being a day apart. I'll let you pick the cake (though I hope you like chocolate because Miranda bakes THE BEST chocolate cake ever! There's one in the oven right now and I can't wait to eat some.).

We sent you a letter last week, though we don't know exactly when you'll receive it. Since we told you what we've chosen for your American name, I guess it would be okay to announce it here on the blog. It is one of our most asked questions, and it has been one of the most difficult things to do. We hope you will like your American name, but no worries as we will be keeping your Chinese name as well. We've chosen Eleanor Leann, which means "full of compassion and grace."

So Eleanor Leann Ping Lei Watson, we love you and miss you and cannot wait to come get you. Happy 11th birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment