Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Our God is Amazing!


Well, it has been a little over two weeks since our last post, and God has been doing great things for us. He has shown over and over that He cares for His children, and He will provide in His time and in His way. Let me tell you about the past few weeks.

At work, a salesman that I had never met visited my office. Noticing a few pictures in my office, he inquired about our family and our adoption story. He called later that day giving me information about a grant his church offers to adoptive families. We are waiting to hear back from them, but we are grateful to the Lord and Montgomery Community Church for the chance to be considered for this grant.

Around the same time, my friend Stacey introduced me to her sister-in-law Christie. Christie and her friend Nicole, both adoptive parents themselves, were looking for a family in the process of adopting to sponsor through their businesses. Christie runs www.featherrefuge.com, and Nicole is a part of www.noondaycollection.com. Through this I was able to share our adoption story and meet more people involved in orphan care. The Lord provided encouragement for us through our contact with these ladies, and we appreciate the time they spent to help us out.

Yesterday, I was sitting in my company's budget meeting my phone alerted me to an email at 8:47. I glanced at my phone and noticed that it was an email from our fundraising partner AdoptTogether. I opened the email, and just stared. It was an anonymous donation for $11,000. Sitting here typing this I am simply blown away at God's goodness to my family. We certainly don't deserve that goodness, but are determined to honor Him because of it. To our "anonymous" donor, I prayed this morning that God would bless you for your kindness and generosity. This donation along with what we have been given previously brings our fundraising total to $24,000. This means that at least half of our total adoption expenses will be covered by support from all of you!

Lastly, after 43 days, we received today our final approval from China for our two children. Our original LOA documents are on their way from China to the U.S right now. This is a MAJOR step in the process, and as Lisa from our agency said today, "Things will really start to pick up now!" We have a few more steps in the process before we can schedule flights to China, but the longest wait should be over. We're hoping to travel late June or early July.

No comments:

Post a Comment