Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Moving on to the next step...

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday. We weren't able to see our families on Thanksgiving, but had a good time with good friends.

We are so happy to tell you that our home study has been approved! Of course there are still many things to do, and periods of indefinite waiting, but this is one more box checked on our to-do list.

Our next step is to request permission to adopt from the Department of Homeland Security. I have the paperwork filled out already, so as soon as our official copies of the home study arrive, that request will be in the mail. This next step can take anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks. It is not until we have this approval from our country that we can send our dossier to China. So now we wait.

Miranda said the other day, "Mom, I'm glad we have school to keep us busy and to keep our minds off of the adoption. I think I would go crazy having to wait so long otherwise." I agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment