Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Life Before Adoption

As I said in my last post, I have so many questions. Every day I wonder what our new children are doing. What are they learning in school? What will they have for lunch or dinner? Have they been told that they have a family coming to adopt them yet? Are they even a little excited about that or too scared of the unknown to be excited?

I found this blog post, written by an adoptive mama, that might help us as we prepare to go get our children. Every child is different, and has different experiences, but I enjoyed reading this (through tears mind you!). I wanted to share with any of you who are curious about the children waiting to be adopted. This is what life is like for some of them.

Here's an excerpt from the article. Follow this link to read in its entirety.
Seriously Blessed: Thoughts on Adoption (Our Older Girls)

What did you think when you first met your mom and dad?
Jasmine – Daddy is so tall and mama has curly, yellow hair.  Mama is so pretty.  I had never seen American people.  Mama and daddy were so nice.  They acted like they cared about me.  They let me pick what I wanted to eat.  I had KFC and Coke.  I couldn’t believe they let me pick my food.  They let me have two glasses of pop.  I wonder why they be so good to me?
It was so funny to be hugged.  I don’t know what a hug is.  Mama took my arms and put them around her.  I really, really liked to be hugged but it was weird at first.   Mama and daddy said over and over again, “WoAiNi”.  In China you only say, “I love you” if you are dating or married, but mama and daddy say it over and over again. Mama and daddy seem so happy to be with me.  I can hardly believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment